Thursday, June 28, 2018

Book Review l Glass

 Glass       (Crank #2)
Ellen Hopkins

The second novel in the series, we follow Kristen in the few months after she has her baby, while she tries to finish high school and stay away from the drugs that put her in this position.

Ellen Hopkins covers multiple generation addiction, step parents/broken home dynamics, drug addiction, teenage pregnancy, homosexuality and so much more in these books. I can't wait to read the next instalment.

Despite really loving the topic and overall liking the novels I can't say I like the writing style at all. I know that those aspects give conflicting opinions; for me the story is worth the poetry babble but I have to be in the right mood and I can totally see why some people hate her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment