Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Coffee Book Tag l 2018

I think it is about time that I redo this tag, its been 4 years, almost! This was one of the first book tags I did... and just... 4 YEARS!!!! 

This is still one of my favourite tags to google and find youtube videos for, I think the questions are so great and so many tags have moved away from the "question format" which is too bad, I wish things in the book community had a little more balance instead of so much trending and fad waves but what can you do?!?

LINK to the first Coffee Book Tag l 2015 HERE




Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.


Sookie Stackhouse & The Dead in Dallas Series. 

Lets all think True Blood, and while I do think the books are great and that the TV show is awesome your committing myself to thousands of pages was exhausting before I even started!
While the hype around this series has faded over the past few years, I know the fans are just out there waiting!


Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.



The Lord Of The Rings, JRR Tolkien (Including The Hobbit)

This book has lots of summer settings to go along with the memorable frosty mountains and snowy treks, but these books were made to be read aloud by a fire with some hot chocolate while a storm roars around outside. Sitting down to read for 3 or 4 hours? For me is very much a winter activity. 



Hot chocolate: What is your favourite children's book?


Robert Munch and Dr Seuss


I know these two are authors but you could chose any one of their books and I would have tons of memories to go along with those. Reading was a big part of my childhood and these two are so nostalgic.

Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.

The Troop, Nick Cutter


I had heard rave reviews about this author and then I read The Deep, which was good but for me it was missing that huge WOW factor that I had expected. So I went into The Troop with cautious expectations and suddenly I knew what people had been talking about!! I cringed and wanted to throw the book down it made me so uncomfortable and squeamish but I had to know what would happen. 


 
Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.

Shades of Magic, V.E. Shwab

I have been seeing her books everywhere and I keep picking them up and reading covers and exepts, I have yet to really get into one and I have heard so many mixed opinions on how bad or good they really are. May or may not invest some time into this author but I would love for the hype to die down so I can enjoy them or not in peace. 


 
 That hipster coffee 
shop: A book everyone told you, you HAD to read

The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas

It was great, I did find a few very minor flaws but overall I have jumped onto the YOU MUST READ THIS bandwagon



Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from

Vostok, Steve Alten

This book was BS. 
It was supposed to combine the awesome Jurassic Park-ish, Crichton fictional-animal-realism style that Alten has in his pervious best sellers (The Loch and MEG) into one giant series melding masterpiece. It was an epic epic fail. Jumping out of the biological sci-fi realm and into confusing quantum physics babble that had nothing to do with anything previous stories (besides the odd character appearance). I was extremely disappointed and angry, and still am in fact.


The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.

The Vampire Chronicles, Anne Rice


I am not 100% done with these as 1. Rice is still publishing more, rumour has it and 2. I am still about 3 books behind the "final book" 

These books were a roller coaster though, some instalments are way better than others but they all left me with a sense of accomplishment and as a whole I am enjoy the world building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment