Monday, February 26, 2018

Book Review l The Picture of Dorian Grey

The Picture of Dorian Grey
Oscar Wilde

Classic / Horror /
7 Stars

Summary
If you could live a life free of any repercussions what would you do? Dorian Grey must answer this question for himself. 

Classic books; I recommend always watching the movie before, you read the book. For me anyways, it helps to organize what I am listening to - particularly if the language is difficult, it's one less thing to try and puzzle through - that and unlike most modern texts, there aren't any spoilers or big secrets to ruin. I normally know most of the plot going into the movies and then same thing again for the books.

 It was a little bit unnecessary in this case as the characters were straightforward and the plot was pretty simple and easy to follow. For a classic the language was pretty easy to understand as well which was nice. As with most of my classics I picked up the audiobook.

This is one of the cases where the movie is better than the book, I think the acting is spot on and the actor who plays Dorian is beautiful.

*** Side note : Why is it that only classic novels get these amazing beautiful covers, and you can buy whole sets of matching books? YA series everywhere start taking tips from these publishers!



No comments:

Post a Comment