Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Book Review l The Scarlett Gospels & A Hell Bound Heart

The Scarlett Gospels 
Clive Barker

I got into Clive Barker on a vacation in Mexico where I read all 4 volumes of The Books of Blood. I had to check out more of his work and after some googling found out he was the inspiration behind the Hellraiser movies.  This is of course the HellBound Heart (which I have read again and again ever since) 

It took me a while to pick up the Scarlett Gospels but I am so glad I did. It was action packed, gory, graphic, interesting, everything I was looking for and a few things I wasn't expecting. 

Super Short Summary
Harry D'Amour is a supernatural detective he squares off with Pinhead and Hell in an epic battle for earth and the souls of all humanity. 

I don't want to spoil anything, and less is more in this case. I think Harry is one of the main characters in some of Barkers other novels and I found out there are other short stories to go with specific Cenobites (there are action figures as well) I would love to read those and I think that some of theses stories would make amazing comic books so fingers crossed that someone makes one!

<--- The Hellbound Heart is a short story about the Lament configuration (doorway to hell and summoning box of the Cenobites)

If your a horror fan and haven't read Barker's work you have to check it out
Looking for spooky October reads? check these out
and don't forget about Spring into Horror which is in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment