Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Book Review l Heartless


Heartless
Marissa Meyer

YA/ Fairytale / Retelling / Alice in Wonderland / Fantasy /
9.5 Stars]
453 Pages

Synopsis : Catherine is the Red Kings favourite girl, but she dreams of being a baker not a queen. Will the pressure from her parents overshadow her dreams?

I wasn't expecting much when I picked this book up from the library. Yes I thoroughly enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles but with an  author who had skyrocketed into fandom this book had very little hype in my circles, so in my mind I considered it a flop.
What pushed me into picking it up was Meyer's writing style and the book cover (both are beautiful).

I over simplified the synopsis to not give anything away because this book was phenomenal! All the charm and appeal of the Lunar Chronicles without the flaws. I loved the characters (I will never look at the queen of hearts in the same way again), the story and the twists and turns you just have to keep reading to find out what happens, the world is very true to the original and just... amazing amazing amazing!!! I would love to see this made into a movie or a tv series (with every single detail brought to life of course)

A must read for any fairy tale fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment