Thursday, July 9, 2015

Book Review - Ella Enchanted


Ella Enchanted
By Gail Carson Levine

7 Stars
Fairy Tale/ Retelling/ YA/ Grade School/
Easy Read

So I have seen this movie (which I thought was alright but not great) and I had no idea that there was also a book. I have to say that the story in the novel is quite a bit different and much more enjoyable than the movie. I wish the movie fallowed the books story closer because it would have made it way better. I was also unaware of the fact that this is a Cinderella retelling, which seems to be the theme of the month. This is the authors first children's book, I won't be seeking out anything else by her any time soon although goodreads informed me there are other retelling books for people who would be interested. I found this book very sweet and cute but the writing style was too young for me to want anything else in the same style. Very quick read for anyone with children, or I recommend this for a one sitting, light easy reading novella (good for a read-a-thon).

No comments:

Post a Comment