Monday, March 19, 2018

Book Review l Jaws


Jaws 

Peter Benchley 

Horror / Creature Feature / Fiction / Contemporary
9.5 Stars

For years this has been one of my favourite movies, I was under the impression it was thought up and fully designed by Spielberg, but I just signed up for Hoopla (which book lovers everywhere should check out) and what was my first recommendation? Jaws! I read this book twice over in about 3 days and it is something I can see myself rereading again and again in the future.

Summary
The small coastal town of Amity is plagued by a man eating shark over the July 4th long weekend, if they close the beaches the town's economy will crash and the money situation will like be unsalvageable for most of the small towns shops, bars and residents. But is the shark still lurking in the depths? what is an appropriate cost?

If your a reader and you liked the movie you should check out the book, its a quick and easy read. It does stick to a lot of the movie, the plots are very close but it has all the depth that you get from a great novel. There are some nice little additions too, focusing on that capitalist mentality - money over people - that peoples financial situation and protecting the statue quo can be considered acts of public safety.  Of the playing the odds, taking risks. It is way more about the people than I would have guessed, the shark is just the catalyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment