Monday, July 6, 2015

Fitness Log - Measurements

This post is partially to track my goals but it is also to highlight the variety of measurements that people in our society strive towards. It is not the measurements or the look that I find disturbing but the way that people go about trying to achieve them, dieting has begun for some by the time they are toddlers and won't end for the rest of their life. People are disconnected from honest facts about food and exercise it seems to be an all or nothing situation.

Personally I have been openly and harshly criticized for how I look and for the look I am working towards. We are a people of shame, and shaming others is the primary way many people seem to make themselves feel better, we have a lack of body positive or generally positive attitudes.


Super Model Measurements

  • 5'10" minimum
  • 32"-24" - 32"
  • A bigger sized / the max measurements are 34"-26"-35"
Ideal Sexy Measurements
  • Under 5'3"
  • 36" - 24" - 36" 
  • Big boobs, big booty, little in-the-middle
Average (depending on where you look)
  • 5'5"
  •  36.5"-30 - 41"
Nothing in any of these involves body shape, body fat, age, lifestyle... I always think its like having a huge kitchen filled with everything you can imagine. Someone hands you a picture of the "perfect" cake and says replicated this for me and you will know how perfect it is. The only problem is your not really a baker, you don't have a recipe, you don't know where anything is, how are you supposed to get started? And if you mange to get to the end there is nothing to say that will be your favourite cake... and this is the simplest situation because you only have one ideal to work towards imagine being given one time line and six cakes. 

My Measurements

Hight 5'0"
Weight - 130lb
Bodyfat - 22%

36" - 26" - 39"
+
Thighs - 24"
Calves  - 16 "

Goals - october 10 2015
Bodyfat - 18%
Waist - 25"
Hips - 42"
Thighs - 24"
Calves 18"

I am really happy with my measurements, but again they don't always represent a body image. I don't really care or worry about my weight #1 muscle is denser than fat so the leaner I get the heavier I tend to be #2 I can gain or loose 5 - 10lb depending on how much water I have drank in a day and again the same with what time of the day I get on the scale. My bodyfat isn't something I measure often either, if i'm making gains I know that I am loosing bodyfat. 
Waist - I am going for abs in the long run 
Hips - I want to see where I am when I reach my squat goal of 200, this is where I store a lot of my body fat and I also put on muscle very quickly on my lower body
Thighs - you might notice that I have reached my measurement goal here! but I would like to loose an inch of flab and replace it with an inch of toned muscle
Calves - if I had to choose a favourite body part this would be it, 

What I want overall is really big (yes big) strong legs, lots of muscle very toned and a small waist with abs!

No comments:

Post a Comment