Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Recipe - Single Serving Protein Rice Pudding



One of my favourite Indian restaurant, features a delicious rice pudding with gulab jabun (a indian  syrup soaked Timbit doughnut). This was the first time I had ever had rice pudding and I was hooked.
After scrolling though pages of recipes that made enough to serve an army, I decided to search "single serving" which came up with enough rice pudding for two sometimes three people still!

After that fruitless search I decided to wing it and make up my own recipe. I decided to go sugar free with this as well.

  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder -> 25g protein
  • 1 egg -> 6g protein
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup rice
Mix everything together and bake @325 for 30 minutes

Some of the best additions to this are

  • Raisins 
    • added before or after baking depending on your preference
  • Cinnamon
  • Fresh strawberries
    • I like to throw mine on top for the last 5 minutes of baking so that they are warm 

No comments:

Post a Comment