Monday, May 14, 2018

Book Reviews l MEG & The Loch


MEG


and

The Loch

By Steve Alten


Easy Reads
Creature Feature / Horror
8 Stars 


I was so happy to find out that I had picked up these books just before the announcement for a movie was released (The I read it BEFORE IT WAS POPULAR). I am not sure about turning these books into movies as they were love to hate reads... I can only imagine how terrible the movies will be. Even with Jason Statham as our main man.

The books read a lot like a movie, they fell into all the stereotypes, lost lonely outcast main male characters, seeking the loves of their lives (who hate them at the beginning of the book but get over it quickly), they are dark and moody, poor at keeping relationships, drink a little to much. But 100% mens men. Both just so happen to be experts in their respective creatures (who are impossible and mythic at the beginning and very real shortly into the story).
For all this though they are still great reads. It is because they are so predictable and stereotypical that they are so good. Bad creature features all the way (lacking the sophistication I found in Jaws that I am craving in another creature book but still good reads)

No comments:

Post a Comment