Monday, July 13, 2015

The Movie/Book Dilemma - Movie before Book

                 Ive Seen the Movie but Haven't Read the Book

Planning on reading the Book

  • The Golden Compass, I saw the movie in theaters, and have just never gotten around to picking up the books, I kind of feel like I am a bit old for this book as far as loving it. I still think that it will be a good read, I don't know if there are a whole host of movies to go with each book but once i've read the books I will watch the movies if they exist.
  • The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
  • The Exorcist, 
  • The Queen of the Damned, Anne Rice
  • Howls Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones
  • Jumaji, Chris Van Allsburg
  • Alice in Wonderland (Disney and Tim Burton)
  • A Little Princess
  • True Blood (Seen a few want to read the books and then watch the full show)
  • Water for Elephants
  • The Wizard of Oz, L Frank Baum
  • The Color Purple, Alice Walker
  • Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Not on my TBR
Take this with a grain of salt if I was to hear enough good things about these I would probably change my mind with some of them.
  • Stuart Little, EB White
  • Watchmen, Alan Moore
  • Beowulf I had to read some of the passages when I was in school
  • Chocolat, Joanne Harris
  • Bridge to Terabithia
This is not a complete list by any means.. I started this as a side list to go with the movie/book pairings I have seen and it got a little out of control... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment